Autodesk Revit Architecture New User
8/26/2019 - 8/28/2019
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
|AIA Credit Hours:
||This class is suitable for users with a general familiarity with Windows-based computer software.
||Revit Architecture Fundamentals
||3 days (8.5 hours each)
8 hour session days include a 30 minute break for lunch. (Note: Starting times for online training vary. Click the register button to see the class time and duration.)
Revit Architecture is a powerful Building Information Modeling (BIM) program that works the way Architects think. From Preliminary Design through Design Development, and into Construction Documents, the program streamlines the design process with a central 3D model. Changes made in one view update across all views and on the printable sheets.
This class is designed to teach you the Revit functionality as you would work with it in the design process. Begin by learning about the user interface and the Revit commands for design development, followed by those available for construction documentation. The objective of the Revit Architecture New User course is to enable you to create full 3D architectural project models and set them up in working drawings. This 3-day class focuses on basic tools that the majority of users will need to work with Revit Architecture.
- Understand the purpose of Building Information Management (BIM) and how it is applied in Revit
- Using the Revit Architecture workspace and interface
- Working with the basic drawing and editing tools in Revit
- Creating Levels and Grids as datum elements for the model
- Creating a 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, and doors
- Adding floors and roofs to the building model
- Creating standard and custom stairs
- Detailing Reflected Ceiling Plans with ceilings and lighting fixtures
- Adding component features, such as furniture and equipment
- Setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules
- Creating details