Autodesk Revit MEP New User
11/8/2021 - 11/10/2021
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
|AIA Credit Hours:
||This class is suitable for users with a general familiarity with Windows-based computer software and understand MEP engineering and design. When registering for an eTraining session, please note that this course is not suitable for the LT version of this software.
||Revit MEP Essentials
||3 days (8.5 hours each)
8 hour session days include a 30 minute break for lunch. (Note: Starting times for online training vary. Click the register button to see the class time and duration.)
Students use Revit MEP to learn about building information modeling and the tools for parametric MEP systems design and documentation. Students begin the three-day course by learning the fundamental features of Revit MEP, and then progress through schematic design, system analysis, and construction documentation before finishing with design visualization.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Explore views in the Project Browser, control visibility and appearance of elements in different views, create and modify sections, elevations and 3D views.
- Set up a project using different templates, define discipline settings, import and edit DWG details, and link Revit models
- Represent volumes using spaces, create zones, and analyze an analytical model for building performance analysis
- Define heating and cooling loads information and calculate heating and cooling loads
- Create HVAC systems, generate HVAC system layouts, and create and modify ductwork using Revit MEP tools
- Layout and create system piping
- Create plumbing systems
- Create fire protection systems
- Create electrical circuits and wiring
- Check and fix interference conditions and monitor changes in files of other disciplines linked to Revit MEP
- Create callout views, create and use detail views and work with drafting views
- Work with text and tags, dimensions and schedules, create legends with notes, annotation symbols and model elements
- Add and work with titleblocks, create and modify sheets and specify printing options.