Autodesk Inventor Sheet Metal Design
2/15/2021 - 2/16/2021
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
||Inventor Level 1 class or equivalent experience. When registering for an eTraining session, please note that this course is not suitable for the LT version of this software.
||Autodesk Inventor Sheet Metal Design
||2 days (8.5 hours each)
8 hour session days include a 30-minute break for lunch. (Note: Starting times for online training vary. Click the register button to see class time and duration.)
Students will learn the fundamental principles of sheet metal design using Autodesk® Inventor™. Students learn how to create and manage sheet metal designs. The course focuses on basic sheet metal concepts and techniques, and builds on them to include complex modeling practices for forming sheet metal parts, assemblies, and drawings. Hands-on exercises representing real-world, industry-specific design scenarios are included.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the terms and concepts of sheet metal design and create a sheet metal part using different methods.
- Create and manage sheet metal styles.
- Explain and use the Face, Flange, Contour Flange and Hem.
- Produce sheet metal part designs that consist of cuts, punches, corner seams, bends, holes, corner rounds, corner chamfers and duplicate features.
- Create designs using various approaches employing skeletal modeling, using legacy flat pattern and 3D models and implementing custom sheet metal punch features.
- Create and edit flat pattern geometry and export your sheet metal parts or faces to DXF and DWG formats.
- Create and edit sheet metal drawings and document them using annotation tools designed specifically for sheet metal drawings.