Location: San Jose and Folsom, CA; Louisville, KY; and Cincinnati, OH
Hagerman & Company, Inc., founded in 1985, is a firm specializing in the sale of the world's leading design software and related products and services. The company has 20 locations in the United States, with corporate headquarters in Mt. Zion, Illinois.
Position Purpose and Objectives
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for the sales of software and services to both existing and prospective customers. The BDM’s goal is to achieve and exceed gross margin targets by selling solutions that address our customer’s product design challenges.
Essential Job Functions
- Prospects, qualifies and acquires new logo customers in an assigned territory.
- Sells a subset of software products, training and services to existing accounts.
- Refers defined strategic solutions to other company sales resources as appropriate.
- Documents key sales activities in the company's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Maintains an accurate Sales Pipeline and Forecast in the CRM system.
- Represents Hagerman & Company, Inc. in a professional manner to customers, prospects and to the business community at large.
- Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
- Follows established policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively in both verbal and written form.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational, time management, and verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Effective interpersonal, presentation and objection handling skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and strong computer skills
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with employees at all levels of an organization
- Professional sales methodology training
- Strong discipline to consistently meet and exceed company metrics for the number of daily phone contacts made with prospects and customers
- High comfort level in business discussions with decision-makers
- Ability to professionally position the value proposition of and associated services offered by Hagerman & Company
Minimum Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proven sales success
Base salary plus commission. Hagerman & Company offers an upscale job experience, with modern building and office spaces, full company benefits, including BCBS insurance, flexible spending plan, life insurance, personal time off, company holidays, and flexibility for family needs.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Hagerman & Company, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation.